Thursday, December 29, 2011

How do I keep my naturally curly hair curly?

I am black and I have hella thick hair. I love the waves I see when my hair is wet but I can't figure out a way to keep the waves once I blow dry and detangle. Can anyone help? What should I do after wash/conditioning? What products will work on my hair? I am not mixed, BTW. I think other black females with natural hair would best know, but I will gladly take suggestions from anyone who thinks they can help me rock my natural look.How do I keep my naturally curly hair curly?
I'm not black but I am a hair stylist. I would have to suggest using for starters a good serum, such as Bain de Terre recovery complex. Where you have thick hair and probably relatively coarse, you should use about a nickel to quarter size amount in the palm of your hand, rub it into your palms and scrunch into your hair starting from the back and working forward.


You could finish it with a good conditioning balm scrunching it in and using your finger tips to style.


You may not want to use your blow dryer, just let it dry naturally, trying not to touch it much in the process, touching your curls will make them frizz easier. When it is dry, if it still seems frizzy, try using a small amount more of the serum and conditioning balm rubbed well in your palms and lightly scrunch into your dry hair.


Hope this helps!How do I keep my naturally curly hair curly?
I have the same hair. I wear it curly all the time. DONT BLOWDRY IT!! it makes it frizzy. I would let it dry naturally and maybe you should put alittle bit of gel in it and scrunch it. I use ringlet.
my bff has trhe same thing she actually puts gell in it and flips it upside down and crunches it with her hand it works well and looks amazing alos go to the store there are alot of shampoes that say curling shampoo they help alot.....have fun
use sunsilk! dont blow dry or detangle!!! use conditioner in the shower!!!
using smooth and shine creme gel works well its a creme styling product. It works really well.
Don't blow dry with very hot air, and you should be fine.
Im not black, but I did have REALLY curl hair when I was younger. Your hair is always going to be more ';together'; when its wet, and Im guessing that blowdrying isnt helping at all.
Let your hair dry naturally. And if you have to blow dry it, use a diffuser.

No comments:

Post a Comment