Thursday, January 26, 2012

Best way to care for my naturally curly hair?

I have naturally curly hair, it's big soft ringlets. I usually just wash it and then brush it while its wet, and spray shine spray on it then scrunch it a little. Any other tips for my naturally curly hair?Best way to care for my naturally curly hair?
I have hair somewhat like that.



Here's what mine looks like:http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x276/Miranii/Photo102.jpg



I never run a brush through my hair when it's wet; it pulls the strands of hair and snaps the ends. Try using a comb instead.



While it's wet; i put a small amount of mouse in my hair. I don't scrunch really. I just shake my hands through my hair if that makes sense; it makes my curls less kinky. I also blow dry my bangs to straighten them. Hope I helped!Best way to care for my naturally curly hair?
Okay this is gonna be a big answer but:



Go to this site called naturallycurly.com. It is a life saver for curly hair. It is a way to take care of your curls and I do the method, it's is a god send!

Rule 1: No shampoo

Shampoo dries out your curls because it contains an ingredient called Sodium Laury/ Laureth Sulfate. This ingredient is used in Dish detergents! Eek! Sulfates come in lots of different forms. Cut them completely out from your hair routine.



Use a light conditioner ( Co-wash) to scrub your scalp to remove build ups. They do the job just as well if not better!



Rule 2: No Silicones

Silicones are ingredients in Conditioners, Shampoos, moisturisers, creams, gels and whatever. They cling to your hair like a barrier to prevent any moisture getting out OR IN. They make your hair LOOK like it's shiny and healthy but after a while if theyre not washed off by a sulfate shampoo they build up and weigh the hair down and dry it out. Eliminate them as well.



For the whole low down on sulfates and shampoos, go here: http://healthycurls.awardspace.com/index/a>

Awesome site!



Rule 3: No brushing your hair

Soft bristle brushes say they spread oils around your hair to make your hair shiny but they just make our hair frizzy! If you must use a brush get a Denman brush. I don't have one but people say they give good root volume and curls :) If not, just use a wide tooth comb in the shower while your hair is soaked with silicone free conditioner.



Rule 4: Use a diffuser

If you have no time to air dry your hair, you can use a blow dryer with a diffuser attatchment. Just turn the dryer upright and dry your hair upwards like you're scrunching it with the dryer.



Rule 3: Deep condition once a week

Deep conditioners restore your hair's health especially if it is damaged. I use one with part honey and part herbal essences hello hydration cond and it works wonders! Honey is so good for your hair and won't leave it stick once you rinse it out. It's a natural frizz fighter!

I know this all sounds like some cult (LOL) but this really helps your hair and is so easy to follow, you just need to adjust to the method and find the right products for your hair. You can also find out more about your hair type and what it needs on naturallycurly.com too!!!

Hope I helped, woah that took a long time!

xoxo
I have curly hair too. I take a shower every night, and when I rinse out my conditioner I use cold water. That's supposed to help it stay healthy, and grow faster. I also use TRESemme healthy curls mousse. The next time you go tot he hair salon or something, you could ask them what products are best for your hair. Hope this helped.

(:
Ugh, I have the same kind of hair. I put in this one lotion called 'Aquage', and it works really well! You can buy it at most hair care places. It tames the hair down. Hope this helps! Good luck with your hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment