Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What type of a haircut will reduce the volume of long, curly hair?

Someone said that layers will only accentuate the volume - is this true?What type of a haircut will reduce the volume of long, curly hair?
Some people confuse volume with thickness, yes short layers do give u volume but it takes the thickness out and it looks gr8!!!What type of a haircut will reduce the volume of long, curly hair?
It all depends on the type of layers. When you get your hair cut, first make sure you have a stylist who is good with curly hair. I also have lots of long, thick, very curly hair, so I've gone through this before. I do have a FEW long layers, and they are very slight. Most of them are around my face, to better highlight my face and not have it hidden in all the hair. Also, keeping it long will pull the curl out a little bit, which will reduce the volume somewhat.





Make sure you're using the right products, too. Good conditioners are a must, and get your stylist to teach you the best way to style your curls. I use basically all Nexxus products, to include gel. It holds my curls in place, gets rid of frizz (which was a bit volume problem for me), and isn't sticky.





Good luck!
Layers will help decrease the ';poufiness'; in your hair by taking away some of the bulk at the bottom and around the sides, but it will also depend on how your style your hair at home. If you have curly hair, ask your stylist to give you a layered cut to minimize volume. This will generally involve cutting shorter and longer layers into the hair starting as short as jawlength. Next, they will probably apply an anti-frizz serum and a styling cream and twirl and sculpt the curls with their fingers, and letting it air dry. Using a hairdryer will definitely increase volume.
Layers may or may not help the problem I think. Depending on the way they're cut, but even at that, I think there's a better solution.





I saw on this show split ends when this lady had really really curly and big hair when the stylist pretty much fixed it. I really can't describe the process to you, but I think it's called texturizing your curls, and the stylist wil take sections of your hair, and start near the roost and going down with the scissors. That kinda thins out the hair, and you can keep the length. Since you hair porobably looks similar to a pyramid, by cutting more of the ends out, it will look better.





I hope I explained it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment