Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How do u de-frizz curly hair without taking the volume away?

Hello! Ok so as I said before, I have really really thick curly hair, its mostly tight/medium curls but on the lower layer its like wavy. I need to know any products or tips any one has that can keep the volume that my hair naturally has while still de-frizzing the curls so it doesn't get weighed down I guess. I also need some more volume in my roots because sometimes my hair gets that ';pyramid'; shape. Thank you :) How do u de-frizz curly hair without taking the volume away?
Try combing/washing/scrunching/diffusing upside down for some more volume on top. You can also try clipping your hair while it dries:

http://www.ylcf.org/gotcurl/curlyclippin/a>



As far as the pyramid thing, you can get some LONG layers, or grow out your hair some more. I grew mine out and love it long. :)



Here are some basic tips for curly hair that you might find helpful:

*Try to find a stylist who knows how to work with curly hair. You can find ratings here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlsalons

*Don't shampoo every day.

*Comb conditioner through hair in the shower.

*Never use a brush, only a comb or better yet fingers, when wet.

*Apply styling products to dripping wet hair

*Use styling products suited for your hair type. Don鈥檛 know yours? http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types

*Avoid terrycloth towels; use microfiber or tshirts instead.

*Air dry or use a diffuser with your blowdryer.

*Don't touch your hair while it鈥檚 drying.



For specific products you might want to explore the forums at:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/

Once you find out your hair type you can find others with the same hair type and try out some of their favorite products.



It has made my hair so much better since I started the curly girl method! I used to almost never wear it down (it was a frizz/poof ball), but now I have pretty, shiny curls. ~:) It鈥檚 pretty radical鈥攏o sulfates (shampoo) or silicones鈥攂ut it鈥檚 so great for curly hair. Give it a shot and check it out:

http://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-/a>

How do u de-frizz curly hair without taking the volume away?
my hair is the exact same and i just asked this question! if your not satisfied with your results, check out mine i got alot of good ones.



i asked my beautician and she layered my hair a little bit to take away the pyrimid, but my hair, again is really thick so when i bend my hair it also shows.



i use mouse sometimes, which seemed to help give it body, but if your looking for more body thats not it. i use aussie mouse catch the wave and it makes it smoother and glossier, but nothing major or to get excited about.



i would definitly go to your stylist for help though.



haha sorry i didnt help much =(
Oww! I got the same problem with my curly hair. It's just so hard to manage. I just started straightening it but that could probaly make the frizz worse if you want it curly again. To get rid of that pyramid shape just cut it into layers. That will even it out.





Good luck my frizzy curl sister!!!! XOXO


Pantene makes a new line of ';always smooth'; shampoo, conditioner, and styling products. I started using them a couple of weeks ago and my hair is way soft, smells good, and is a TON less frizzy. You can get it at kmart, walmart, pretty much where ever, and its a cheap fix
mousse on wet hair comb through , then use a diffuser to dry concetrating on the roots to help with volume
use an anti-frizz serebrum

No comments:

Post a Comment