Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How do i maintain my 2 year olds curly hair?

She has very fine hair that's straight on top and curly in back. It gets very tangled and dry and I can't brush it. I used johnson and johnsons curly shampoo and conditioner and it doesn't seem to help.How do i maintain my 2 year olds curly hair?
At least you are asking for help my mother had no idea what to do with my curly hair consequently it took me years to figure it out myself. First of all stop shampooing her hair, I know this sounds weird but there are actually enough detergents in conditioner to get her hair clean if you must shampoo once a week max although once a month is better. This will drastically help with her hair and scalp being dry because every time you shampoo you are washing away her natural oils that are needed to keep everything from tangling. The other thing you can do is find some very thin soybean oil and use that on her hair. Just a dab and work it through, this will maintain her curls, don't worry about putting too much on you can always rub a towel on her hair to remove the excess. If you want to revive her curls in the middle of the day spritz her hair with water with a little of the oil added to it and brush with a wide toothed comb; it will dry and her curls will bounce back. You should not use a brush on her hair especially if it is thin and certainly never a round brush it will just tangle. This is what I do with my hair and my daughters curls, it took me years to figure out how to care for my curls but once you do it really quite easy albeit different. I hope I've helped, good luck.How do i maintain my 2 year olds curly hair?
Not much you can do with children's products,especially their shampoo. I'd suggest if you don't mind,using a leave in conditioner,maybe something by Pantene. Just running a little through her hair after bath will make it easier to comb through.
I used regular kids shampoo on my sons hair. It was fine and straight on top and curly in the back before we cut it. After I got him out of the tub I would spray Johnson's %26amp; Johnson's detangler in his hair and comb through it. That always worked very well with his hair.
They also have leave in conditoner (the same no tangles line) you could try that. If you go to the Johnson and Johnson website you can get a coupon for a dollar off, so even if it doesn't work, you wouldn't of wasted so much money.
maybe try a spray in detangler. suave makes good stuff like that for kids hair, and they all smell REALLY good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment