Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What can I do to make curly hair look more edgy?

All the current ';trendy'; styles involve straight hair and lots of flat ironing. Which takes too long, or is just a bit of a pain.



My hair is pretty short right now, growing out to around shoulder length. I like it but have done the same thing with it for awhile now.



Any suggestions?What can I do to make curly hair look more edgy?
highlights. :)What can I do to make curly hair look more edgy?
I have really curly, naturally curly, hair and I never knew what to do with my hair before. I would always straighten it because that's what the ';cool people'; would do. they would get all the attention before and I was left with curly, frizzy hair that people would call me ';poodle'; for. So then I decided to spend a good amount of money and go to a high-end, professional hair salon. I went there and they talked me through how curly hair is ALWAYS naturally dry. So the best thing to do to get that shine in curly hair is to use shampoo with MOISTURE, or HYDRATING being the key words in the shampoo. Or a shampoo specifically for curly hair. Another GREAT thing to do is the get a leave - in conditioner for AFTER the shower. This locks in all the moisture and gives the hair a beautiful finish. I would recommend a brand called ';rusk';. they are really great. Or even Bumble and Bumble. they're good too.

*the thing about drugstore brands (herbel essences, pantene, head and shourders....etc... is that they aren't' made as well as PROFESSIONAL shampoos are. All drugstore brands contain a high amound of sodium which dries out the hair immensely. So avoid buying drugstore shampoo when possible***



For a cut, i would totally do this.

Aim for something that will compliment your natural curls. Doing something where its about a centimeter below shoulders will give it a good length when it's straight and sassy/funky look when it's worn naturally curly. Have straight cut bangs (NOT SIDE BANGS!!!) done so that when the hair is done curly, you can have that edgy/trendy contrast of shiny straight bangs. Have the body of the hair have layers ( not too many tho... because it will look bad when it's curly). Make the layers like long layers. And have bits and pieces that will frame the face. This looks very cute when there are piece of hair framing the face when it's tied up in a ponytail!





if you have any other questions, feel free to email me. I can show you EXACTLY what i mean by the cut and how to maintain it. I could email you a few really good photos as well.
just let your hair down. tease a little top of your hair and clip it down.
you could blow dry and style it with around brush which will make it srtraight and maybe parting it to the sside and straighening it and getting side swoopp bangs.
You could try this website, www.naturallycurly.com it has people with similar questions who also have curly hair and there's pictures of curly hairstyles. :)



There's a Curlpix section that has a lot of different styles, I looked through and found a few pretty cute ones! Check it out. :)
wow wassup with some of these corny people answering this question... anyways disregard them gurl!! i understand what you mean by curly hair being so cutesy and innocent but their's a lot of trendy edgy things you can do with curls... and remember certain outfits can do alot for you too...



i will show you some examples of what i mean...

http://www.hair-styles-secrets-revealed./a>



http://www.beautychatblog.com/wp-content/a>



http://www.mimimagazine.com/december2006/a>



http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1049//a>



http://beautelicious.com/wp-content/uplo/a>







But the key to makin curly hair hair edgy is lettin it go wild...because edgy in a sence means wild right? so it makes sence

if your culy hair looks like this

http://www.easy-hairstyles.com/images/cu/a>

is cute a prtety and sweet but not edgy... let is be wild... maybe dye it.. do some teasing. head bands, there's a lot yo can do with your curly hair without having to plug in the flat iron...
you could put knives in it :)
Hi

I have hair like you as well and I do many things with it.

A few of the styles I get complimented on a lot are these:



-You have a straight side or front fringe and the rest curly

- Add a headband ( black is best)

- A cute clip that has those bows on it

- Have your hair layered and get the first layer ( which is also the ends) a lighter colour

- You can straighten the ends of your hair



These are just some things I do...

I hope it helped :]

No comments:

Post a Comment