Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How do I get my naturally spirally curly hair to relax a little into smoother and looser curls?

I have really curly hair naturally, it is also pretty long, a little past my shoulders. I want to wear those beautiful larger curls that have become so popular, but what would be the easiest way to achieve this. Any info on this would be helpful:) thanksHow do I get my naturally spirally curly hair to relax a little into smoother and looser curls?
with some silicone or leave in conditioning cream on your hands, take sections of your hair and twist around your finger so it produces a ringlet and let your hair dry naturally!How do I get my naturally spirally curly hair to relax a little into smoother and looser curls?
Use the plastic, magnetic snap on rollers with the smooth barrel and roll half way up or just roll the ends. If you want the curls to last all day apply a setting lotion to damp hair and then roll it up. Let dry naturally.
you can put on velcro rollers while your hair is damp and let it dry with the rollers on (make sure you put on some mousse or gel beforehand so they stay that way).... the other option is using a curling iron to shape your curls however you want, but this is a little more damaging to your hair.... whatever you do, DO NOT chemically relax your hair!!!


a third option is to blowdry it with a round brush the size of the curls you want... keep the hair rolled around the brush and blow it dry so it keeps the shape... then un-roll it carefully and put on some serum or something to keep it from getting frizzy...


good luck!!
I would not suggest using a curling iron as it's heat and it will damage your ends. I wear very light fluffy curls that go just past my shoulders. I would go to a African American salon ask for a Wash/Deep Conditioner and Set. They will wash your hair and then set it with the rollers. You'll have to sit under the under the dryer anywhere from 1hr to 2 hrs depending upon your hair texture (how fast can it dry). If you wrap your hair at night, the curls as well as the volume will stay longer versus having to curl your own hair every day (curling iron) or every night (rollers).

No comments:

Post a Comment