Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How to make my scrunchy curly hair look good?

So I'm 16 and I hate my hair. I have Curly hair, but not like ringlets, its like ';scrunchy'; frizzy curly if that makes sense. I usually straighten my hair everyday, but I'm getting sick of it and I'd like to embrace my natural curls. I shower at night, so it needs to be able to be slept thruough preferably. But ANY suggestion with work



thanks!!How to make my scrunchy curly hair look good?
Specifically, overnight your can try ';plopping'; wet hair:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreadin/a>



If it's mostly dry I would do a ';pineapple';. lol, these all have weird names. Anyways put your hair up in a very high, loose ponytail with a cloth wrapped hair tie (also known as scrunchie). This will prevent the curls form being stretched out and stuff. Also to prevent frizzing and damage from moving in your sleep try sleeping on a satin pillowcase.



Here are some basic tips for curly hair that you might find helpful:

*Try to find a stylist who knows how to work with curly hair. You can find reviews by region here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlsalons

*Don't shampoo every day.

*Comb conditioner through hair in the shower.

*Apply styling products to dripping wet hair. Scrunch or twirl hair to achieve desired shape.

*Use styling products suited for your hair type. Don鈥檛 know yours? http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types

*Avoid terrycloth towels on hair; use linen, paper towels, or t-shirts instead.

*Air dry or use a diffuser with your blowdryer.

*Don't touch (or brush!) your hair while it鈥檚 drying.

*Once completely dry scrunch out any crunchy texture.



For hair type specific products check out these forums:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/

There you can find others with the same hair type and try out some of their favorite products. I would recommend something, but I don鈥檛 know your hair type. :)



Lastly, it has made my hair so much better since I started the curly girl method! I used to almost never wear it down (it was a frizz/poof ball), but now I have pretty, shiny curls. ~:) It鈥檚 pretty radical鈥攏o sulfates (shampoo) or silicones鈥攂ut it鈥檚 so great for curly hair. Give it a shot and check it out:

http://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-/a>

http://www.ylcf.org/gotcurl/ (outdated product recs!)



Some other great curly care sites:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jessicurl

http://livecurlylivefree.com/home.htmHow to make my scrunchy curly hair look good?
If you shower at night that probably has something to do with the scrunchiness of your curls.

Try showering in the morning and comb your hair out with a wide toothed comb under the running water. At the end, rinse your hair in water as cold as you can bear, then squeeze out the excess water. Lightly towel or blow dry (with a diffuser) your hair until it's half dry, then let it dry naturally.
i have the same problem! but the thing is when i do my hair i pretty much just take a shower then sleep on it and it gets cute little scrunchy curls. but yeah i think you should sleep on it then put a cute head band separating your hair from your bangs (that's if you have bangs) and if you don't just put the headband in anyways i usually love putting a rose as my accessory b/cuz when you have curly hair it looks SUPER cute!
Hi there I have the same kind of hair, you need a curl defining mousse or gel and a hair dryer with a diffuser. It drys your hair with out blowing it all over the place you kind of push you blower dryer under your hair and against your scalp. You get fab curls without the frizz. No joke!! Take care.
If you would be willing 2 get a chemical i would suggest a body perm set on big rods. but if you go that route make sure you go to a professinal who specializes in your hair type. Also try Trade Secret beauty salons their usually in the malls and they carry a wide variety of products that fit your hair type, like for instance frizz eaze.
This is my exact situation! Okay so take a shower and when you get out brush your hair. There should not be any knots. After braid your hair. In the morning really nice curls come out and you can do so many nice hair styles. Hope this works!
I would prefer getting your hair texturized.a mild relaxer that loosens your wave pattern so that its not frizzy and yet still has your curl pattern.you get it done proffessionally.
I have to wash my hair at night so then is crunchy in the morning. I wear john frieda ';dream curls'; for frizzy hair or do it permanent straight.
with my curly hair, i comb through it while its wet. try moose and a little bit of gel to try scrunching. I usually use something like sun silk for curly hair or spray gel while its still damp. I put just enough in my hands for it to cover all my hair, but not to much to saturate it with junk and i run my hands through my hair, squeezing it in a fist
  • blush color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment