Sunday, February 12, 2012

How to maintain naturally wavy and curly hair?

I am an african american female with thick curly hair. I was getting my hair permed, but now I'm going 100% natural. However, my hair tends to get dry and shed when I wear my hair natural. What do I need to do to maintain soft, curly locks w/o the drying and shedding?How to maintain naturally wavy and curly hair?
Curly hair needs lots of moisture. When you shampoo curly hair, it causes the hair to be stripped of the needed oils to make your hair soft and shiny, so stop shampooing. I know it sounds awful to stop using shampoo but you will not believe the difference that will occur to your hair. Buy Lorraine Massey's book ';Curly Girl'; on Amazon.com. Its especially for women with curly hair and shows you how to treat it. Also, http://www.naturallycurly.com is a website dedicated to women with curly hair.How to maintain naturally wavy and curly hair?
Try using natural hair care products for black women http://mineralindulgence.com/





The reason your hair was dry was most likely the types of products you were using. Espeially if you were using products with mineral oil or petroleum (which are bad for the hair).

No comments:

Post a Comment