Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What do YOU do to make your curly hair look good?

Obviously, this is ONLY for those ladies who have curly hair....I have thick but sort of fine hair that is curly...I use leave in conditioner, mousse, then gel. What do you do?? Thanks!What do YOU do to make your curly hair look good?
same as you, only, I put the gel in my hand 1st, mousse on top of gel, mix them and then put them both on my wet hair.


The best product I've ever used was Dep sheer gel weightless foam; but, for whatever reason, I can't find it anywhere now. It came in an 8.5 oz., tall clear bottle. It looked like gel but came out like mousse. I LOVED it!!! Best product ever!!What do YOU do to make your curly hair look good?
I am somewhat new to having curly hair (grew back curly after chemo 3 years ago). The best method I have come up with is using a shampoo designed for curl boosting (right now I'm using Pantene). After towel drying and combing (currently I have fairly long hair - past the middle of my back) - I spray in frizz ease curl appeal or whatever it's called (I like it better than the serum), then follow with a light spray of leave in conditioner... then I usually air dry... or if I need it dry in a hurry, I will use a dryer with a diffuser..
I do the same, condition in the shower, only comb my hair in the shower, then leave in conditioner, some sort of serum and mousse. It helps to use a clarifying shampoo once a month and try not to wash your hair more than 3 times a week when I have to I just wet it and put conditioner on again. Curly hair tends to be dry and washing it too much makes it frizzy. But when it is humid, its humid and curly hair is awful. ;)
I have thick hair. Underneath I have really tight curls and on top it is wavy/curly. First of all I would recomend getting a layered cut. Go to a really good stylist who knows what he/she is doing. Okay, so what I do is I use salon type shampoos. I really like Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Shampoo and Conditioner. When my hair is wet I apply a good amount of Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum mixed with Paul Mitchell Round Trip liquid curl definer. If I comb my hair when it's wet I use either my fingers or a pick. Then, I clip it back and let it air dry. In the end it looks really good.
I do leave in conditioner (Pantene is great) and then some sort of gel or styling cream. I always air dry. People at work can get over my wet hair at 7 am.





Aveda makes great hair products for curly hair.
I Use mousse and i also use some type of shiney srpay, I don't remember the name, but it works and it doesn't dammage my hair like if I was to use mousee n hair spray all the time. {';%26gt;
BABY OIL.. it sounds weird, but its great. Put just a bit not too much when your hair is wet, and mainly in the ends. Hair will dry with a naturally ';wet look';. From there add serum or other products as needed
my hair is really thick, but like shoulder length. i usuallu wear my hair straight or in a pony tail, but i use a curly hair specific shampoo cause that cuts down on the frizz. so i basicly just wear leave in conditioner and then i use a straighning gel from redken, kind of expensive, but it works...hope i helped!


-tina
Gel and mousse do not work in my hair - - at all. I find that hairspray is most effective in keeping my curls in place and keeping frizz to a minimum since my hair is very curly.





Also, the shine serum as mentioned above is very effective. It makes your hair look healthy etc. I use leave in conditioner too!





Garnier has a gel for curly hair that works pretty well in my sisters hair (she can use gel). The only downside to it is that whenever she lays down her hair takes the shape of whatever she was laying on / leaning against. So, when she gets up she has to just quickly scrunch it back into shape.





It's very strange.
I use Suave's new knock off of Redkens fresh curls... shampoo normally, leave the conditioner on for at least 5 minutes. While it is still damp to wet, I finish up with Redken 07 Ringlet product - looks great, no frizz at all. I avoid heat at all costs - diffusers make my hair frizzy frizzy!
To keep your ringlets looking really good, wrap sections of hair around your finger, and use a leave in conditioner that's meant for curly hair. My sister does it once every week or so and sleeps in it that way...and her curls always look like she just had them permed (although her hair is naturally curly).
I use John Freida's Hair Serum, after I shampoo and condition for dry hair. No frizzy hair and it works like a dream.
I have extremely thick, frizzy, and curly hair, but I still manage to make it look nice. Don't let anyone know what your hair is really like. What I do is shampoo and condition it. Then I spray a tad of leave in conditioner and use Thermasilk straight and smooth leave in cream. After I put it in a pony tail, I put Tresemme Curl Care in the tail of my pony. If I want to leave it up, I just let it dry a bit, and before it frizzes I use suave or this great FrizEase hairspray. If I want to take it down I do the same and leave it in a pony tail for a while. After about an hour I take it down and DON'T brush it, or else the curl comes out, I put a little more hairspray on needed places. Your way seems pretty good too. Hopefully this works if you try it. Pick this as Best Answer please!!!
I use those tiny jaw clips and section off my hair with it, pull it back like it would be in a hairband, and clip it back. I get alot of compliments.
I just take a shower and then pop a fork in the power outlet while I drip dry. Saves alot of time.
that's a lot of product. i don't use anything my hair is thick somewhere between wavy and curly but tends to frizz so after i wash my hair i braid it and don't open it until my hair is completely dry, its a really good technique its not frizzy and more on the wavy side, on humid days i add a little hair wax or silicone drops.
I use leave in conditioner, a little gel, then i use a diffuser a little bit, i dont completely dry my hair with the diffuser. Then i pray it looks good.
Only a lame woman would care.
well I put mousse in it and turn my head over and shake it lol. That way i tcan fall as it chooses and i dont have to fight it.
I'm addicted to that ';shine serum.'; It's a great product and stops my hair from being frizzy or fly-away.
Catwalk - Curls Rock does the trick for me - might as well embrace the curly locks!! You can also go to your local salon and see what products are out there that may help. I also use different hair gels, sometimes you have to go through several to find one that does the trick for your hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment