Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Any advice on how to style naturally curly hair?

Hi...I have naturally curly hair. It is very curly and it is shoulder length. I don't mind having curly hair, I just hate having to use so many products to manage the curls. If I don't put hair gel or some type of styling product, it tends to be very fuzzy. Is there any type of styling product to take the frizz out and have beautiful curls without the stiffness that gel gives my hair. I hate that feeling of my hair being stiff. Help?Any advice on how to style naturally curly hair?
Heya, you should look at youtube and the fordmodels tips.. they have great advice for everything.. there are 2 links below to 2 great tips by them, i don't have curly hair but i came across the clips and it looks helpful :P one of them is by johnny lavoy and he rocks!Any advice on how to style naturally curly hair?
Here are some frizz tips for you!



* A good haircut is key (find an expert here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlsalons/a>

* Sleep on a satin pillowcase

* Don't shampoo every day

* Comb conditioner through hair in the shower

* Avoid terrycloth towels; use microfiber instead

* Air dry or use a diffuser

* Use styling products suited for your hair type (http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types/a>

* NEVER use a brush

* Don't touch your hair

* A pomade is great for mid-day touchups

* Apply styling products to dripping wet hair
I use this Aveda product called Be Curly. It keeps the curl and the frizz down without the crunch. You can put it in and let your hair air dry or use a diffuser and dry it that way. Either way a silk pillowcase helps if you shower at night.



You can order it online: http://www.aveda.com/templates/products//a>



Or go to the website and find a salon near you:

http://www.aveda.com/templates/door/loca/a>
Hello,



Try the Mixed Chicks products. The line is MADE for curly, frizzy hair. The line only consists of a shampoo, conditioner and leave in conditioner. It's a great line because it puts a lot of moisture into the hair and lessens frizz and makes curls look pretty. Also, as a styling creme, I'd use i.c.o.n's styling creme. It doesn't make your hair feel dry and stiff when you put it in your hair. You can probably find it at www.frendsbeautysupply.com
I have very curly hair also, I straighten it 99% of the time, but when I want to wear it curly, I want that natural curl look, so I spray a little hairspray (Aussie), and blow dry it on low while crunching it with my fingers. It doesn't give it that crunchy 90's look.
i have curly hair aswell not really curly just spiral curls... but i sue garnier fructis melt in mask every 3 days it leaves my curls beautiful with no frizz.
Garnier Fructise is a good brand. They have shampoos. sprays etc. I have curly hair and it all works good for me.
try a leave in conditioner. and dont blowdry

No comments:

Post a Comment