Tuesday, February 7, 2012

How do you straighten or style thick curly hair?

I have thick curly hair and i hate it. I don't know what to do with it. When i leave it out it gets frizzy even when i use lots of gel and cream. Help.How do you straighten or style thick curly hair?
i also have thick curly hair so i feel your pain!!After a lot of trial and error,here is what works best for me.after I've washed my hair,i add some straightening balm and either blow dry my hair or pull it back into a ponytail til it dries.Once dry,i section my hair and straighten it with my ghd straightener(these are the best around but quite expensive,as long as you get a ceramic straightener you'll be fine).my hair stays straight for days and only becomes curly after I've washed it.if you are unsure of how to use a straightning iron,ask your hairdresser to show you how.


you won't know yourself with smooth,sleek hair!How do you straighten or style thick curly hair?
Straighten small sections at a time and use the lowest setting on the straightner. Or spritz damp hair with shine spray. Works for me. Good luck!
ponytail
I got the Maxi Glide Hair Straightener and the Mini Glides, and they are really great. I got them off a infomercial on t.v. They are expensive but it's a good investment. It also helps frizz. Look them up in the Net.
I towel dry it first, then apply half a handful of Fantasia IC, Corrective Response Complex. This stuff is great! It's a very light oil base which goes on the hair damp. I blow dry it all at once. Apply more Fantasia IC. Then I part my hair into sections by twisting it and clamping it down. I use a pick to untangle then use a hot curler to straighten or curl. I never use a comb or brush, it only breaks and snaps my hair. That's it.





I don't use any unnecessary chemicals for straightening my hair. I tried that one time and it cost me dearly.
I have curly hair. When I wear my hair curly, I drench my hair in gel, mousse, and hair spray to keep the curls curly. You know you have to do that straight out the shower when your hair is wet. Then let the hair dry and don't mess with it, because breaking the curls makes your poofy. When I straighten it I usually use garnier fructisse's micro fruit oils. Cause you'll need something to defrizz that hair and something to keep your hair moisturized while you straighten it. I always use a flat iron for straightening. Have fun with your hair, a lot of people would die for curly hair. You got the best of both worlds. Good Luck!
Who cares how you look? It's you that counts....


anyway curly hair can look sexy!
well, if its really important, get a Chi hair straightner, its mine and its the best! do it in sections and put the rest of you hair up with a clip, until you r ready for it. this is the best way for me. I hope i helped!
make sure u have protection. and blow dry. hair is easier to straighten that way coz its less thick and heavy. its also better and healthier for your hair. then put a protection (like Motions straightening cream pomade). then section your hairs out. and straighten each one using a straightening brush. when your done, spray a finishing shine spray!! good luck (:
Thick curly hair is usually a lot harder so what i would suggest is obviously straightening it with a flat iron but before you do so use a chemical straightener or a heat activated one and i would do it in small sections that way the thickness of your hair doesnt cause a problem when you do it.
revlon straightener?

No comments:

Post a Comment