Saturday, February 4, 2012

What products would I use for curly hair?

I want to use John Frieda's frizz-ease, but what would I use as a mousse, and I have naturally curly hair.What products would I use for curly hair?
I use Herbal Essences Totally Twisted shampoo and conditioner. It's fairly inexpensive and does have a great scent. Since using it, I have noticed that my hair seems more moisturized and shiny, and frizziness has decreased a bit. (I have shoulder length hair that typically is extremely frizzy, but with product, forms defined ringlet type curls).





Another great suggestion is to use a warm olive oil rinse twice a month. Yes, it sounds kind of weird, but it actually works -- take a little bit of good quality cooking olive oil and mix it well with an equal amount of water and a dab of conditioner. Warm the mixture up just a bit in the microwave, and comb it through your hair after shampooing and before using conditioner. Allow it to remain in your hair for about five to seven minutes, and then rinse very well. Your hair will seem shiny and curls seem to form well.





In terms of hair product, I love Dep gel (it's a bit hard to find, but has great hold) and the Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel. I also use Samy Curls Activating Mousse in the frizz control formula, as well as Pantene Smoothing Lisser and Pantene Restoratives Frizz Control Anti-Humidity Hairspray. Yep, it's a long list, but apply each of these in the order listed and scrunch your hair, twist it all up in a t-shirt for about an hour (it helps to dry it) and then undo and allow to dry overnight, and you'll have great, defined curls.





I tried John Frieda's Frizz-Ease in the past, but had less than desirable results. Again, what works on my hair may or may not work on yours, but I noticed that with this product as well as many others, my hair would look like it was soaked in Crisco (ie extremely greasy), would turn orange or just seem discolored, or make my scalp very dry. I haven't had any problems with the above regimen -- instead, I've had the best results of my life! :)





Sorry for how long-winded this got, but I had horrible, and I mean horrible hair for so many years (and the pictures to prove it), so if I can help one person escape the clutches of the frizz monster, then it'll be worth it lol. My hair seriously looked like a frizzy strawberry blonde afro, probably up until the time that I turned twelve or thirteen (blame it on being the only curly haired kid in a family of pin straight haired people). I went through a phase in which I would straighten my hair daily, but now have learned to embrace and love my curly hair (and judging by the compliments, others do too ;D).





Hope this helps you!What products would I use for curly hair?
If frizz is your problem, here are some tips on avoiding it:


1. If you can only wash your hair like twice a week and avoid touching it throughout the day.


2. Pat your hair with the towel to dry it and only focus on the roots more than your ends.


3. Put a styling cream in your hair while it is still wet.





Try Aussie Catch the Wave Scrunch stuff for curly hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment